It’s that time of the year again: the end of the Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) period is almost upon us!
The Australian Taxation office requires you to have a zero ($0) balance on your CBB salary packaging card and account, and your meal entertainment and holiday accommodation card before 31 March 2022. If you have funds remaining after 31 March, they will be carried over and may reduce the amount you can salary package in the new FBT year.
It’s a good idea to start preparing now for the end of FBT. Below are some handy tips to help you avoid the last minute panic!
With your Salary Packaging Card and Account:
- Prepare for upcoming birthdays by purchasing some gift cards from their favourite retailers.
- Pay for your food shopping – you could even purchase some gift cards from your supermarket for future food shops.
- Start or pay off a lay-buy, or take care of some bills online.
With your Meal Entertainment and Holiday Accommodation Card:
- Take your friends, family, or partner out for dinner.
- Lock in your next holiday or road trip by paying off accommodation bookings.
- Purchase food and beverages for special occasions: including birthdays, engagements, weddings, or anniversaries.
If you are unsure about the current balance of your accounts, it’s easy to check. Simply log in at online.beyondbank.com.au, use the Beyond Bank app, or call 13 14 02.
While CBB cannot advise on your card balance, we are happy to help with any other salary packaging queries. Call us on 1300 763 505 or email [email protected].
Please note: If your salary packaging funds are only used towards regular payments such as your credit card, personal loan, mortgage or rent, you should have a $0 balance at the end of FBT.