Do you have a professional membership for your line of work? You can now salary package the cost of professional memberships and subscriptions.
Continuing education and development through accessing the latest news and resources can not only help you to grow professionally, it can also save you hundreds of dollars in tax each year.
You can salary package the cost of:
- Professional memberships, including but not limited to:
- Certified Practising Accountant (CPA)
- Institute of Public Accountants (IPA)
- Australian Community Workers Association (ACWA)
- Institute of Managers and Leaders (IML)
- Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Certified Practitioner HR (CPHR)
- Certified Practising Marketer (CPM)
- Newspaper subscriptions
- Magazine subscriptions
To package your professional membership, you can either ask us to pay the professional association membership provider directly or you can pay it yourself and we can reimburse you.
Things you should know
- Packaging the cost of professional memberships and subscriptions is on top of your standard salary packaging limit.
- The professional memberships or subscriptions must be related to your work.
- You may claim multiple professional memberships.
- You must not have previously claimed the membership at tax time. (For example, if you ask us to pay for the membership for you, or purchase a membership and arrange a reimbursement, you cannot then claim the membership again at tax time.)
- You must provide proof of purchase with the receipt or invoice in your name.
- The packaging of professional memberships and subscriptions will require sign-off by your employer.
- Paying pre-tax means more money in your pocket.
To get started, please contact our friendly team on 1300 763 505 or email [email protected] for more information.
Please note: Professional membership packaging is subject to your organisation’s salary packaging policy.