You already know that salary packaging can help you budget, but did you know that you can package an extra $2,650 to help pay for life’s special occasions?
The Meal Entertainment and Holiday Accommodation benefit is an ATO-approved allowance that lets you salary package an additional $2,650 per year to pay for meals, accommodation expenses and venue hire. This is on top of your normal salary packaging amount. This means you can rack up even more savings every year.
Your Meal Entertainment and Holiday Accommodation money is added to a Beyond Bank card (separate to the CBB Salary Packaging card also issued by Beyond Bank). You can use your card when you are:
- Eating out at restaurants and cafés.
- Purchasing food and beverages for special occasions, such as birthdays, engagements, weddings and anniversaries.
- Paying for holiday accommodation. Includes luxury resorts, apartments, hotels, motels, budget cabins, on-site caravans and even cruises.
- Booking venues.
There are some restrictions on what you can use your benefit for:
- Paying for entertainment in the form of cabarets, musicals, concerts, movies, theatre, sporting events, gambling, etc.
- Other travel expenses such as parking and dry cleaning.
- Hire of a DJ, jukebox, band, or similar entertainment provided with the food and beverages.
- Your regular food shopping requirements.
- Bottle shop purchases.
- Take-away food.
Plus, you can add the card to your phone’s mobile wallet and make payments quickly and securely.
Want to get started? Simply contact CBB’s Customer Care Team on 1300 763 505. We can arrange for your pre-tax salary to be allocated to your CBB Meal Entertainment and Holiday Accommodation card.