Meal entertainment and holiday accommodation

The ATO-approved meal entertainment and holiday accommodation benefit allows you to salary package an additional $2,650 per year to pay for meals, accommodation expenses and venue hire using tax-free dollars. This is over and above your normal salary packaging amount.

The CBB Meal Entertainment and Holiday Accommodation Card is available to employees of organisations who have approved this benefit for their staff.

How can I use the card?

Use your CBB Meal Entertainment and Holiday Accommodation Card in Australia and overseas to pay for:

  • Purple meal and entertaintment card imageEating out at restaurants, cafés and hotels.
  • Food and beverages for special occasions, such as birthdays, engagements, weddings and anniversaries.
  • Holiday accommodation in luxury resorts, apartments, hotels, motels, budget cabins and on-site caravans and even cruises!
  • Venue hire for events.

Are there any restrictions on the card?

The CBB Meal Entertainment and Holiday Accommodation card cannot be used for the following:

  • Entertainment in the form of cabarets, musicals, concerts, movies, theatre, sporting events, gambling or other similar forms of entertainment.
  • Flights and other travel expenses such as parking and dry cleaning.
  • Hire of a DJ, jukebox, band or other ancillary entertainment provided with the food and beverages.
  • Take-away food or bottle shop purchases.
  • Your regular food shopping requirements.

How does it work?

When you apply for a CBB Meal Entertainment Card you will be asked to nominate an amount ‘before tax’ each pay. This amount will be transferred onto your Meal Entertainment and Holiday Accommodation Card via CBB.

Want to know more?

To find out more about how you can save on dining out, holiday accommodation and even venue hire, view the brochure, visit our FAQs page or call 1300 763 505 to speak to one of our friendly customer care staff.