You can package any portable electronic device as long as it is used predominantly for work-related purposes.
Having the latest technology can not only help you be more productive, it can also save you hundreds of dollars in tax each year!
Devices you can package include, but aren’t limited to:
- Laptops (not including software)
- Portable printers
- Phones and tablets
- Smart watches
How does it work?
To package your device, you have two options:
- You can purchase your device (outright); or
- You can ask us to set up a payroll deduction to pre-save the total amount of your device and then purchase it using that pre-saved money.
Things you should know
- Packaging an electronic device is on top of your standard salary packaging limit.
- The device must have a battery supply.
- You can’t package accessories that are not necessary for the basic operation of the device, such as external drives or cases.
- You can package one type of each electronic device per Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) year.
- You must provide proof of purchase with the receipt or invoice in your name.
- The device must be used predominantly for work-related purposes.
- The packaging of eligible electronic devices will require sign-off by your employer.
- Paying pre-tax means more money in your pocket.
How do I get started?
To find out more about how you can access this benefit you can download the brochure.
If you have any questions, please contact our friendly team on 1300 763 505 for more information.